Its been awhile since I last published the updates made to the popular photo booth software Photoboof. Alex and the team at Photoboof have been busy and have made some nice improvements to their software along with the long awaited iPad app release.
I have yet to get my hands on the iPad app so I cannot offer any insight into the polish on the app, but I suspect that it is well done. Are you a Photoboof user and using the iPad app beta? If so please leave a comment below and let us know your impression so far.
If you are a Windows 7 user using the Canon Powershot cameras and experiencing connectivity issues try the following: set Photoboof to run as administrator (right-click the file c:\photoboof\photoboof.exe and choose Properties, then Compatibility, and set “run as administrator”).
How about we take a look at the long list of feature additions, bug fixes and general tweaks to Photoboof over the past few months.
New in 7.65 (July 14, 2013):
- For touchscreen users, added the ability to cancel a session by touching the top left of the screen.
- Made an improvement for people who are occasionally losing their live views on Canon DSLRs.
- The beta of our iPad slideshow and sharing app is going strong, please email if you'd like to join.
New in 7.64 (July 1, 2013):
- Much easier to configure Facebook and FTP uploading, all doable from Preferences now.
- Can easily configure uploading to Facebook business pages now.
- Support for the new iPad beta slideshow app (please email if you'd like to try that).
- Preliminary support for video assets in the Viewer. Currently you can show a video for the ready screen (“touch here to start”) by putting a file named ready.mov or ready.mp4 in your skin folder (by default, that's c:\photoboof7\assets\default). Support for other assets coming shortly, please send any feedback you'd like on this feature.
- Many other improvements under the hood.
New in 7.637 (June 14, 2013):
- New iPad app! You can set up as many iPads as you'd like at a venue and Photoboof will copy the sessions as they happen (the pics, the strips or both), where people can view them, email them, share to Facebook, etc. And has a really nice slideshow feature. Please email if you'd like to try the beta.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the configuration to reset if the Photoboof computer loses power.
- Fixed Facebook uploading, which broke when Facebook changed their API yet again. Hopefully they're done making changes for awhile.
New in 7.634 (May 13, 2013):
- For Facebook uploading to user accounts, added the option of uploading either strips or pics or both. And if uploading the strips, you can choose a secondary layout (in other words, a layout you make just for Facebook uploading). See here for more details, though the documentation will be improved shortly.
- Slight change to paper splitting with Hiti printers: there's now two paper splitting methods to accommodate the different versions of the printer driver. If one method doesn't work for you, try the other. You'll see the options in Photoboof's printer configuration screen.
- Fixed an issue with the background chooser.
New in 7.622 (April 11, 2013):
- Fixed a stability issue with data entry on booths that run for weeks at a time.
- Should handle directories with massive numbers of pictures better now.
- Some changes to the bill acceptor system.
- A few under the hood changes to speed things up.
Are you a Photoboof user? Have you visited our Design Shop where we are adding designs that work with Photoboof regularly. Interested in letting your clients design their own templates? Visit www.photoboothtemplates.com and see how easy this is to do with a free 7 day trial.